Who can receive PIRS supports?
Children with special needs or children who are identified as needing extra support that attend, or plan to attend licensed child care in Peel and would benefit from resource support
How does PIRS support my child and family?
Families are connected to a Resource Consultant who will work closely with you to understand your needs. They work to support your child, and to help you have a positive child care experience. The Resource Consultant will:
• Create a plan with you and the child care provider that focuses on your child’s strengths and areas of development
• Share ideas and strategies to use in the inclusion of all children
• Provide resources and information about other services that would benefit your family
• Support your child’s transition from child care to school, and to service coordination if appropriate
How do I start the referral process?
• If your child attends child care, speak to your child care provider or the Resource Consultant who will complete the referral
• If you are looking for child care, call us to complete the referral and if required, discuss your child care needs
• You can also ask your doctor or other professional to start the process and we will call you to complete the referral
Peel Inclusion Resource Services (PIRS) is a partnership between special needs resourcing programs and licensed child care providers that offer services to families and children before they start school.
PIRS is committed to supporting:
• Children with special needs in licensed centres and home-based child care programs in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga
• Early identification of children who may benefit from resource consultant support.
• Child care programs by providing resources and coaching so that all children can participate fully in child care